To enable the participants to:
- Look at the role of the adult in an EYFS setting to enable a child the time to talk.
- Focus on spaces where children feel safe to talk and express themselves either within child led opportunities in continuous provision or through focused activities such as a circle time or a show and tell.
- Investigate how to support children to take turns and listen to others as well as techniques to support those reluctant to talk.
- Look at how singing in EYFS can develop confidence to speak.
- Look at introducing new vocabulary through fiction, non fiction and poetry.
- Look at how to develop activities to encourage speaking in the past, present, and future tense.
EYFS teachers and TAs
|Course Name||Date(s)||Course Location||Tutor||Book|
05/10/2023 09:30 - 12:00